Monday, March 9, 2009

I ♥ Faces-Creative Crop

Monday, Monday-my new favorite day of the week. This week at I Faces we get to do a creative crop. We find an ok picture and turn it into something marvelous (hopefully). So again I chose my favorite subject (sorry boys). Ryan was sitting at the counter having breakfast and I had just gotten my camera for Christmas. I was crazy woman, walking around snapping all kinds of pictures. I thought this one was great.
Then I got hooked on this great little site called I Faces and I realized a great shot wasn't just point and click. It was editing and cropping as well. Ryan is my focal point so I had to zero in on her. I got some free software and started playing around...

Now that I cropped it down, I moved the square over a bit to set her off center. A few touch ups here and there with the filter, contrast and sharpness and viola!...my new masterpiece. I love it and wanted to share it. For other pictures about creative cropping, go to I Faces.

15 comments:

Sandy said...

What a beautiful little girl!!

Pam D said...

Wow! Such great quality with a close crop.. she is SO cute! Yep, less IS more... taking out all of the distractions turned a good picture into a great one! Good luck in the contest..

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

Wow! This is a great photo not to mention the great crop! She is a very beautiful little girl!

McKay Family said...

What a gorgeous little girl...like a porcelain doll!

AngelaCate said...

The first thing I thought when I saw this was "porcelain doll" and i see that someone else said that already! Great crop and great pic!

AngelaCate said...

The first thing I thought when I saw this was "porcelain doll" and i see that someone else said that already! Great crop and great pic!

DawnS said...

I liked the original photo, but I love your crop! She is stunning!

Donna said...

Perfection! All the way down to the pretty little upside down earring! I love this!



Here's my contribution to this month's theme: "Creative Crop"

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Tracey said...

umm, hmm...the earring drives me nuts! OCD...Thanks for the sweet comments everyone! :)

Keri said...

Wow!! Ryan is gorgeous! The eyes, the smile, the dimples... perfection. Fabulous crop!

Randi said...

She has a very beautiful, smile! You captured it wonderfully in your crop :)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Your crop took a good photo and made it GREAT! What a difference!

I just wanted to let you know that it is so encouraging for me to read comments like yours when I am going through the entries each week. What a beautiful positive attitude you have! I love that our site has been such an encouragement to you in your photography journey.

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

Colleen said...

Gorgeous!!! I too am having so much fun with this!

Stoltzen2012 said...

She is so beautiful, and the crop was great!! Hi from Norway;o)

Miti said...

Thanks for visiting me at my blog. I always look forward to reading all the comments. I love the photo of your little girl. She's got a beautiful little smile and her little gingerbread earrings are adorable.