Monday, June 22, 2009

Legacy Family Reunion 1 of 3

Guenther LEGACY Reunion 2009
The alarm goes off on Friday morning about 4 am. I roll out of bed, brush my teeth and get the kids up. We get everyone rolling by 4:30 am and we are off on an "Adventure" to Illinois for the weekend. We are traversing with my parents sans Rob to spend some time with my mom's side of the family. It wasn't too bad of a trip. I shut my eyes for a minute and woke up in Nashville...ooops-lucky Daddy was driving ;) I took a turn for a few hours and saw some of the most beautiful corn, wheat and soy bean crops ever. The kids got sick of, "Look kids! Corn!" We got to the hotel and before the key was in the door they were changing into their swim suits.
Jared decided to give Ryan a lift...Kevin is apparently "helping"
Santa Kevin...the bubbles in the hot tub were loads of fun
WHOA! That's cold!

We hung out at the pool for a bit, got cleaned up and then headed out to got to my aunt and uncle's house. In the lobby we saw my mom's cousin, Judy, and her hubby Alan. Apparently we were a bit early due to the time change (another oops) so we decided to chill in the lobby and visit for a bit. After a while the kids started to mutiny so we figure we could take our time and head out to Howie and Lisa's house. Rumors of a storm were floating around but we decided to risk it...I feel an "opps" coming here...a few blocks away from the Guenther's place, we started noticing the green sky and for reasons still unknown to me we decided to drive around on campus for a bit...right into the storm. At one point we were seeking shelter under a parking garage as debris was flying around, it was quite a memorable time. We arrived unscathed a few minutes later and officially started our Legacy Reunion weekend.
Driving down the block- trees down, limbs everywhere, a river running down the street...
Kevin, Elizabeth and Ryan having some "cousining" time.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Oh, how I've missed you too! I know I've been horrible at keeping in touch, but thank you so much for checking in on me. I've been meaning to tell you that I greatly appreciate it!

Love all the photos. Especially Santa Kevin. Totally made me laugh out loud. Scary storm, eh? We experienced it ourselves (just on the other side of the lake). It was crazy! Lots and lots of flooding over here. Water is still high. Anywho...

Great pictures! I'll have to come back and catch up on what I've missed. Looks like the reunion was good times!